The raw material of Modal fiber is produced from shrub forest in Europe. After making into wooden pulp, it is made by special spinning technology, which is a cellulose fiber, so it belongs to cellulose fiber like cotton, which is a pure natural fiber.
Because Modal products have good softness and excellent moisture absorptivity, but the fabric stiffness is poor, they are now mostly used in the production of underwear. But Modal has the characteristics of silver luster, excellent dyeability and bright color after dyeing, which makes it suitable for outerwear. Therefore, Modal is increasingly becoming the material for outerwear and its decorative fabric. In order to improve the poor stiffness of pure Modal products, Modal can be blended with other fibers and can achieve good results. JM / C (50/50) can make up for this deficiency. The blended fabric woven with this kind of yarn makes the cotton fiber more flexible and improves the appearance of the fabric. Modal can also show its weaving ability in the weaving process of machine-made fabric, and can be interwoven with the yarn of other fibers to weave various fabrics. Modal products have a broad development prospect in modern clothing and apparel.
1. The raw material of Modal fiber comes from nature wood, which can degrade naturally after use.
2. The fineness of Modal fiber is 1dtex, while that of cotton fiber is 1.5'2.5tex and that of silk is 1.3dtex.
3. Modal fiber is soft, smooth, bright in color, with a special smooth touch on the fabric, bright and shiny, better drape than existing cotton, polyester and human cotton, with the luster and touch of real silk, which is a natural silk-like fabric.
4. Modal fiber has the strength and toughness of synthetic fiber, dry strength of 35.6cn and wet strength of 25.6cn, which is higher than pure cotton and polyester-cotton, reducing the breakage phenomenon in processing.
5. The moisture absorption capacity of Modal fiber is 50% higher than that of cotton fiber, which makes Modal fiber fabric keep dry and breathable. It is the ideal intimate fabric and health clothing products, which is beneficial to human physiological circulation and health.
6. Compared with cotton fiber, Modal fiber has good shape and dimensional stability, which makes the fabric have natural wrinkle resistance and non-ironing properties, making it more convenient and natural to wear.
7. The dyeing performance of Modal fiber is good, and it remains bright as new after repeated washing, and it absorbs moisture thoroughly, and has good color fastness. Compared with pure cotton, it is more comfortable to wear, and it does not have the disadvantages of easy fading and yellowing of pure cotton clothing . Therefore, the fabric is bright in color and stable in wearing performance. After 25 times of washing together with cotton fabric, the handle will become harder and harder with washing. The Modal fiber fabric is just the opposite. The more it is washed, the softer it becomes, and the more it is washed, the brighter it is.
The dry strength of Modal is close to the polyester strength (35cn/tec), and the wet strength is slightly lower than that of cotton. It is soft and smooth, has a silky feel, and the wet elongation is small. The dry elongation of the fiber is between cotton and viscose. The wet elongation of cotton is similar to that of cotton, but less than that of viscose; the washing shrinkage is low, and its good moisture absorption capacity is 50% higher than that of cotton, and its moisture absorption speed is extremely fast. The dyeing characteristics of modal fiber, its absorption speed of pigment is faster than that of combed cotton and carded cotton, and its absorption rate is high, and the color after dyeing is bright; it has good air permeability.
1. Modal fiber was named after the A.I.P organization (Association Internationale Polynosiques International Polynosiques/International High Wet Modulus Viscose Fiber Association) in the early 1960s, that is, Modal fiber is high wet modulus viscose fiber < HWM —CV.F>.
2. The English abbreviation stipulated by BISFA (Bureau International pour La Standardization des Fibers Artificielles) is CMD.
3. The Chinese translation of the popular agreement is: modal fiber.
4. Requirements of Modal fiber mechanical technical indicators
According to BISFA-ISO-2076, the definition of Modal fiber products:
BFC ≥ 1.3LD-2 + 2LD
In the formula: BFC—the breaking strength under the specific conditions of one hundredth Newton force.
FW - 5% elongation at 1% Newton force in wet environment
Required strength "BISFA-WETMODUL(cN/tex•5%)".
LD—average linear density (mass per unit length) dtex: dtex.
5. Reference storage period (Ref.limited shelf-life): 6 months.