1. Durable. Modal is lightweight, durable, and less prone to pilling. So modal clothes also don't get crunchy after a lot of washing like some cotton blends do. Modal clothes can withstand multiple washes without losing their shape.
2. Breathable. Since modal clothes are made from trees, they are naturally breathable.
3. Absorbency. Modal clothes are 50% more absorbent than cotton, so your child will stay dry and comfortable all day.
4. Anti-shrinkage. modal clothes will not shrink like 100% cotton products.
5. Colors stay vibrant. Modal holds the dye easily, so the color stays vibrant even after multiple washes. So your child's favorite fun colors and prints will last longer.
6. Super soft. Modal is known for being super soft, which is a big part of what makes it the perfect modal garment product.
Modal clothes are often compared to viscose clothing (another form of rayon). Considering they are all variations of rayon, the manufacturing process is similar. However, they still have differences.
Although viscose and modal have similar production methods, there are distinct differences between these fibers. Modal clothes are more durable and stronger than viscose rayon. However, this does not hinder its breathability and lightness. Modal production requires less concentration of chemicals to make it. This makes the modal fabric less toxic than the process used to make viscose rayon. Tencel Modal in particular comes from sustainable forests. This makes modal clothes a better choice than viscose rayon.
Proper care of modal clothes is essential. This will extend the life cycle of the item. Here are some ways to take care of your work:
1. Water temperature: You can wash pure modal clothes in different temperature washing machines. However, the best and most sustainable practice is to use warm water below 40 degrees, which helps to last longer.
2. Use a laundry bag for delicate items: When washing delicate items such as underwear and underwear, please use a laundry bag. This helps protect these products.
3. Drying: Although natural drying is ideal, you can also dry it in a dryer on medium-low temperature.
4. Chlorine bleach will weaken and damage modal clothes, so we do not recommend chlorine bleach.